the 2015 educational initiative at GeneaBloggers – where you do get to go home again . . .
and start over with your genealogy research.
Ok, it’s Week 1 of Genealogy Do-Over 2015, and this is what I’ve done so far:
- “set aside” all old research notes and my entire RootsMagic database, but keeping handy any original documents and images (as I look at each ancestor, I plan to weed through his/her folders, both real and virtual, and toss everything except photos and original docs)
- created a new database in RootsMagic, appropriately named Do-Over 2015
- created a new master file on my desktop, also named Do-Over 2015
- set up a new stack in Evernote for research notes and collected images, and its name is…
- also created new folders in OneDrive and my external hard drive for backup
- restored the RootsMagic app to my iPhone with an updated GEDCOM
- updated my My.Rootsmagic.com site with a current GEDCOM
Wait! One more thing…
A fresh, original, made from real trees college ruled spiral notebook with freshly sharpened pencil, for head-scratching, brainstorming and genea-doodling! All this modern technology is wonderful, but sometimes you just gotta have a good ole’ pencil and paper!