This is the form for the 1940 U S Census, its digital images to be available to us all on 2 April 1940 at 8AM (Texas Time!)
A few new questions this time around:
- Columns 13 & 14- Education (more detail)
- Columns 17-20- Residence in 1935 (makes this kinda like a 1935 and a 1940 census, now doesn’t it!)
- Column 22- was your ancestor a member of FDR’s “Alphabet Soup” New Deal employment program?
- Columns 28, 29- occupation and industry (a little more detail here)
- Column 32- how much money did your ancestor make in 1939?
Now, move on down to the bottom of the census sheet, and there a few more questions, to be asked of the 14th and 29th person listed on each sheet. Your attention to Column 42: Did your ancestor have a SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER?
Finally, along the very bottom of each sheet, “Symbols and Explanatory Notes”, giving more info on questions asked and abbreviations used.
Only 13 more days… 🙂